What are templates?
Templates are preformatted document consist of text, styles, graphics, settings such as language, units, toolbar, menus and default printer etc. after applying template we have to focus on content of the document rather spending time and putting efforts on formatting.
What are the advantages of Templates?
Following are the advantages of templates:
- It saves our efforts and time as the document is preformatted.
- It enforces more consistency of document.
- Template used documents, are more accurate as predefined structure contains all important and relevant objects with minimum errors.
- Template gives more professional touch to the document.
How many ways you can create your own templates? List them.
We can create templates in two ways:
- Using document
- Using Wizard
How can we set a template as default for our document?
We can set a template as default for documents by following steps:
- From the main menu, choose File > Templates > Organize. The Template Management dialog opens.
- In the box on the left, select the folder containing the template that you want to set as the default, then select the template.
- Click the Commands button and choose Set As Default Template from the drop-down menu.
What is the different between style and template?
|Style refers to predefined formatting.||Template refers to preformatted document|
|style consist of various formatting features such as font, size, paragraphs, bullet and numbering etc.||Template consist of text, graphic, styles, default settings etc.|
|Style can be applied to any specific part of document.||Template is applied to whole document|
How can we create our own template?
To create a template
- Open a new or existing document of the type you want to make into a template
- Add the content and styles that you want. 3.
- From the main menu, choose File > Templates > Save. Template Dialog Box opens
- In the New template field, type a name for the new template.
- In the Categories list, click the category to which you want to assign the template.
- Click OK to save the new template.