Explain Mail Merge.
Mail Merge lets us:
- Create multiple documents based on a single document including personal details taken (merged) from a data source.
- Create labels or envelops with standard layout including personal details taken (merged) from a data source.
Write some advantages of Mail Merge.
- One document can be shared to many without putting their personal details manually.
- Easy proof reading as we need to read master document only.
- Easy to update as once master documents is updated, other documents get updated automatically.
- Thousands of documents can be created and shared very quickly.
What are the basic steps required for mail merge? List them.
There are three basic steps for mail merge:
- Create a document to be merged
- Create a data source and store personal details
- Merge data source with main document
Give examples of database in which data source can be created.
Following are the databases in which data source can be created:
- MS Excel
- MS Access