Cite examples depicting that you were a victim of following cyber-crime. Also, cite provisions in IT Act to deal with such a cyber-crime.
a) Identity theft
b) Credit card account theft
a) Example of Identity Theft
- Examples of Identity theft
- Your Bank account is drained
- Your name is given to police in any crime
- Phone or wireless connection established in your name
- Nee expense bill comes by your name
- Medical or Insurance claimed is taken by your name
b) Credit Card account theft
- purchasing big ticket items
- bill of unknown expenses with lot of charges
- “Card-not-present” fraud, is when criminals use your credit card details to make payments remotely.