Describe why it is important to secure your wireless router at home. Search the Internet to find the rules to create a reasonably secure password. Create an imaginary password for your home router. Will you share your password for home router with following people. Justify your answer.
d) Home tutors
Reason to secure wireless router at home:
- it protects from unauthorized access of data in public domain
- it reduces the chances of some illegal practices like Hacking, ID Theft, Data Theft etc.
A strong password should have-
- At least 8 characters—the more characters, the better g
- A mixture do not use < or > in your password uppercase and lowercase letters
- A mixture of letters and numbers
- Inclusion of at least one special character, e.g., ! @ # ? ].
- do not use < or > in your password
Ideally we should not share our password with anyone. But if we can trust someone with the assurance that they will not misuse or distribute it, than it can be shared with them.
As per given choices we can share password with parents.