1. List some of the cloud-based services that you are using at present.
2. What do you understand by the Internet of Things? List some of its potential applications.
3. Write a short note on the following:
(a) Cloud computing
(b) Big data and its characteristics
4. Explain the following along with their applications.
(a) Artificial Intelligence
(b) Machine Learning
5. Differentiate between cloud computing and grid computing with suitable examples.
6. Justify the following statement-
‘Storage of data is cost effective and time saving in cloud computing.’
7. What is on-demand service? How it is provided in cloud computing?
8. Write examples of the following:
Government provided cloud computing platform
Ans: ‘MeghRaj’ (https://cloud.gov.in)
Large scale private cloud service providers and the services they provide
Google – Google Cloud
Microsoft – Azure
Amazon – Amazon Web Services
9. A company interested in cloud computing is looking for a provider who offers a set of basic services such as virtual server provisioning and on-demand storage that can be combined into a platform for deploying and running customized applications. What type of cloud computing model fits these requirements?
(a) Platform as a Service
(b) Software as a Service
(c) Infrastructure as a Service
Ans: c) Infrastructure as a Service
10. Which is not one of the features of IoT devices?
(a) Remotely controllable
(c) Can turn themselves off if necessary
(d) All of the above
Ans: As per my concern, In this question all are features of IOT, so none of the option is wrong.
11. If Government plans to make a smart school by applying IoT concepts, how can each of the following be implemented in order to transform a school into IoT enabled smart school?
Ans: we can develop e-library and upload all the books in digital from including audio and video. Student can access it using QR code.
b) Smart boards
Ans: smart boards which are touch sensitive device can be connected to computer system with internet and projector. This large screen can be controlled with digital pen and also finger touch.
c) Online tests
Ans: we can create web-based classrooms including various features like creating assignments, material, test and share with students.
d) Wifi sensors on classrooms doors –
Ans: we can use wifi sensors on classroom doors to open and close automatically using high bandwidth internet.
e) Sensors in buses to monitor their location
Ans: IoT based school bus tracking and monitoring system can be used to ensure the safety of student in transit. This device uses GPS and Google Earth.
f) Wearables (watches or smart belts) for attendance monitoring
Ans: by using IoT and Cloud technology based on RFID in wearbles, real-time attendance can be produced which can be accessed by different parties such as teacher, administrator, parent etc.
12. Five friends plan to try a startup. However, they have a limited budget and limited computer infrastructure. How can they avail the benefits of cloud services to launch their startup?
13. Governments provide various scholarships to students of different classes. Prepare a report on how block chain technology can be used to promote accountability, transparency and efficiency in distribution of scholarships?
14. How IoT and WoT are related?
15. Match the following: